When most people think about going shopping in Italy their mind conjures images of gorgeous shoes, handbags and designer clothes. Me? It’s all about the gluten free food shopping.
Am I alone in returning home from a holiday with a bag heaving with piadina not Prada, Tuscan focaccia and not Ferragamo?
If you’re heading for beautiful Italy soon I recommend you search out the nearest branch of the Coop. These stores range in size from tiny village corner shop to cavernous hypermarket and can be found all over Italy.
The Coop have their own excellent and extensive range of own brand gluten free products. In addition their carry products from DS (Dietary Specials), Agluten and many more.
Here is the vast product range found in one Coop supermarket in Poggibonsi, Tuscany.
Breads, foccacia, rice cakes:
Looking for more gluten free travel inspiration for your holiday in Italy? You might find these posts useful for coeliac safe dining in Rome, my gluten free guide to Puglia and many more gluten free guides to eating out in Italy:
- Planning a trip to Italy and wondering how to find coeliac safe venues for gluten free meals in Italy? My guide to the Italian Coeliac Society app will help guide you through using this app.
- My gluten free guide to Puglia – don’t miss a visit to this truly wonderful region of Italy
- Gluten Free Rome: La Soffitta Renovatio (offering coeliac-safe gluten free pizza, pasta and even tiramisu!
- Gluten Free Rome: Gluten free pizza at La Pilotta
- Gluten free Rome: Mama Eat serving Gluten free arancini, gluten free pizza and pasta in dedicated gluten free kitchens
- The best gluten free ice cream in Rome at Fatamorgana