Can anything scream more of British seaside holiday than this picture?
Striped deck chair on the beach, all it needs is a man in a knotted handkerchief.
And fish and chips eaten directly from the bag.
Well, if you’re visiting the Isle of Wight, I can heartily recommend the Happy Haddock in Shanklin.
The Happy Haddock offer coeliac safe fish and chips, cooked daily in a separate and dedicated gluten free fryer. Please note you should call 30 minutes in advance of visiting to ensure they have everything pre-prepared.
So how did it taste? Aside from the fact anything eaten with added vitamin sea tastes amazing, I loved the crispy and light texture of the batter.
The full Coeliac safe menu can be accessed via this link (scroll down).
And for dessert? Anyone think they may have space for a gluten free pineapple or banana fritter?!
Coeliac Safe Gluten Free Fish & Chips on the Isle of Wight at The Happy Haddock – Key Info:
Location: 87 High Street, Shanklin, Isle of Wight, PO37 6NR
Website: The Happy Haddock website is here and their regularly updated Facebook page is here
Would I come back: Come rain or shine, these safely prepared gluten free fish and trips are highly recommended!
More places to enjoy coeliac-safe gluten free fish and chips in the UK:
- Gluten Free Fish and Chips at The Boathouse, Seaview, Isle of Wight
- Gluten Free Fish and Chips at The Old Harbour, Weymouth, Dorset
- Gluten Free Fish and Chips at Wolfies of Hove, West Sussex
- Gluten Free Fish and Chips at Shakey Shakey, Herne Bay, Kent
- Gluten Free Fish and Chips at The Seine Rigger, Surrey
- Gluten Free Fish and Chips at Rick Stein’s in Padstow, Cornwall